Couple of questions from a true newbie:

1) How do you figure out the names of applications available to solve a
particular need?

2) In particular, I'm looking for the best FREE case tool. I'm trying to
demo argo(is there a better one?). The home page didn't appear to have
an rpm. How do I know if there is one out there in the ether? It also
requires jre which doesn't seem to be installed on my mdk9.0 machine.
Tried urpmi java and it doesn't appear to be on the CDs either, but not
knowing what it's called, this could all be a newbie problem.

3) I've been using the Mozilla browser. Its download manager doesn't
appear capable of restarting. That has already been painful. Can I get
it to use a different download manager and what would that be? Is there
some better way?

4) I've the seen the command to find rpms on the net go by several
times, didn't think I'd need it soon. Sorry for the assumption, but
what's the command to find rpms on the net?

5) How much difference is there between linux distributions? As in, does
the doc for one release apply to all? Is there some kind of enormous
organized FAQ out there?

TIA
Gary