Have yoy tried doing an over-istall of Win98se.  The Install routine
shouldn't mess with your X stuff and might fix the boot-hang-thing.  I don't
know anything about laptops (don't have one) but in my desktop stuff that
usually fixed a host of problems.  Anything from Outlook Express not working
or even loading to the browser not doing a damn thing after it loaded.  It
can also fix alot of startup problems.

To all list subscribers/readers, please excuse this momentary lapse of
proper lopgic that resulted in my having to use references to the 800lbs.
Redmond Gorilla's Ubiquitous Digital Brain-Fart, I appoligize for this evil
nessessity but it was somewhat unavoidable.

I'm a Methodist, I don't always have to be right I just always have to keep
trying.   8-{>

                                                     T H A N K    Y O U

                                                     James R. McKenzie

                                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]