On Friday 08 November 2002 3:23 pm, Miark wrote:

> I tried rebuilding from source--no go. I went to the ERoaster web site to
> get the tarball, and it wasn't there! Their download section was empty. I
> hope this doesn't mean I'll have to use a different burning app. I really
> love ERoaster.
>
> Miark

Guess it wasn't just so straightforward afterall! Maybe I should mention that
I have also rebuilt a lot of other packages on my system as well; eg ogg, gtk
etc, ...I'm just an eternal fiddler as far as my system is concerned :-) I
can't remember if that was before or after rebuilding eroaster, so I'm not
exactly sure what was causing the original problem...just that its now
working.

Agreed, the eroaster packages seem to be somewhat elusive, however I've
managed to use lftp just now to check the following address and download
eroaster-2.1.0.tar.gz (which is really eroaster-2.1.0-0.6.tar.gz)

ftp://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at/pub/projects/eroaster/snapshots

It's only 170k, so if you can't manage to accesss it I can send you a copy if
you like.

ps, "I tried rebuilding from source--no go.".... Was this from the mandrake
source rpm, would it not build or did you mean that you just couldn't get the
source?
        Robin