* Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [021109 13:52]:
> I want to back up some directories of photos, using XCDRoast, but am getting
> the following error:
>
> mkisofs: Error: '/mnt/win_f/Photos/Spain/Card2/pic00027.bmp' and
> '/mnt/win_f/Photos/Spain/Card1/pic00027.bmp' have the same Rock Ridge name
> 'pic00027.bmp'.
> mkisofs: Unable to sort directory
>
> What can I do about this?  The whole reason for using separate directories is
> that both SM cards would have numbered the pics in the same way.

I think what you're seeing here is a limitation in the CD directory
format.  A path can only be something like 30 characters long, so the
Rock Ridge extension truncates the path, but then saves the whole path
name in a separate file, something like what Windows does with long
filenames.  However, if the only difference in those directories is
after that breaking point, it has no way to resolve the ambiguity, so
it stops to let you fix it.

You could simply change 'Card1' to 'C1' and/or 'Card2' to 'C2' and it
should work OK.

This may be an oversimplification, but I bet it will work.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz