On Saturday 09 November 2002 12:13 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks, Charlie.  Duly downloaded, it will go into my 'toolkit'.  It sounds
> a great saver of effort.
>
> Anne

Greetings Anne;

Just 'cause I won't use Windows doesn't mean I don't have relatives and
friends, and an ex's hubby that's *really* good at breaking things, that do.
Maybe that's why "I feel your pain?" Since I'm too lazy to "walk these people
through" the crash prevention/recovery sequences every time they need help
(every time they boot Windows in other words <g>) my 'personal toolkit'
contains many such handy applications and utilities. Usually installed on
their machines in a partition they often aren't aware of.

Makes things a bit easier when I get a 'panic call' late at night. You know;
"Click on ... then click ... type ... tell me what you see now, do ..., click
accept, reboot, or use the quick restore disk I left you." Or; "Reboot and
use the "operating system on a disk" (Knoppix disk) "I left you 'til I get
there tomorrow. Do you know what _time_ it is? Don't bother me; people
(usually doctors) tell me I don't sleep enough at the best of times!"

Like that. :-)

Strangely enough most of the kids of these families (where applicable) all
boot to Mandrake on the same machines. They never call me except to "yack."
LMAO

Relatives! Can't live with them; illegal to kill them. ;-)

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada
Registered user 244963 at http://counter.li.org
Antonio Antonio
Was tired of living alonio
He thought he would woo                 Antonio Antonio
Miss Lucamy Lu,                         Rode of on his polo ponio
Miss Lucamy Lucy Molonio.               And found the maid
                                        In a bowery shade,
                                        Sitting and knitting alonio.
Antonio Antonio
Said if you will be my ownio
I'll love tou true                      Oh nonio Antonio
And buy for you                         You're far too bleak and bonio
An icery creamry conio.                 And all that I wish
                                        You singular fish
                                        Is that you will quickly begonio.
Antonio Antonio
Uttered a dismal moanio