On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 17:19, Colin Jenkins wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have asked this question a few times before with no reply, so I
> thought I'd try once more before I give up.
> I have a very simple script to back up the user directory on an nt server.
> The directory is mounted on my lm9.0 box (samba) and is backed up to a
> dat tape.
> If I run the script from the shell or from the icon I created, the
> back up works fine (about 600 users)
> When I run it as a cron job, the backup starts, but quits with no
> errors AFTER backing up the first 2 users.
> If any further ifo would help, please let me know.
> I'm having to manually start the backup every night, which is a pain
> in the rectum. :((
> --
> regards,
>  Colin

Being that you're an Australian, I'll try to give ya a hand mate! (grin)

When you set up the cron job, who owns the job? Or, when it's run, who
is the user that it is running as? (Preferably root would be a good
owner for that job) - that's the first part to start looking into...
(BTW, what software are you using for your backup solution?)

Cheers from Wollongong!

--
Fri Nov 15 21:10:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you get
a prompt, type like hell.