On Thursday 14 Nov 2002 11:30 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 05:41, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > It's not the ideal answer, but I did like the degree of awareness I
> > heard, and I think they have made the best decision they can at this
> > stage. Meanwhile, before Christmas I intend to get Win4Lin and try it.
> >
> > Anne
> > ----
>
> Many kudos to ya Anne - great push! BTW, you COULD have mentioned that
> they do have an Australian market as well - Aussies don't hate POM's
> that much! (g)

I'll remember that next time I talk to them :-)

> Meanwhile, WINE is built into the Mandrake distro - why not explore it's
> power and usage prior to sinking dollars into a purchase?

I thought of that, but I occasionally need to read a Lotus Word Pro file, and
I understand that there is no chance of getting that under Wine.  I also have
some Lotus Approach files that I would like to use until I can get a database
running under Linux - that's a whole new ballgame, and I'm still learning too
much else to cope with that yet.

I understand that Win4Lin has the greates compatibility - running more than
any of the other emulators, and with the club discount it could be well worth
it.

Anne