On Saturday 16 Nov 2002 3:33 am, you wrote:
> On Friday 15 November 2002 07:38 am, you wrote:
> > I thought of that, but I occasionally need to read a Lotus Word Pro file,
> > and I understand that there is no chance of getting that under Wine.  I
> > also have some Lotus Approach files that I would like to use until I can
> > get a database running under Linux - that's a whole new ballgame, and I'm
> > still learning too much else to cope with that yet.
> >
> > I understand that Win4Lin has the greates compatibility - running more
> > than any of the other emulators, and with the club discount it could be
> > well worth it.
> >
> > Anne
>
> What about the Crossover stuff from the Codeweavers? I know it works with a
> lot of formats....

I looked at the web site, and it seems to be pretty well confined to M$
applications.  There is a short list of supported and long list of
unsupported.  Win4Lin is expensive, but they do give a 30-day money back
guarantee if it doesn't do the job.  From their mailing list archives, too,
it seems that Lotus Smartsuite is supported, though there may be some
problems when setting it up.  It looks as though the mailing list is
supportive, though.

Anne