Well fetchmail is clearly not very happy.
Here are a few things you should know about fetchmail.

The daemon should not be running when you test fetchmail.

If you run fetchmail as a user, it should use the ~/.fetchmailrc config file.
This file MUST have read and write perms for the user ONLY, or else it does
not work.

If you want to fetchmail for more than one user you should run it as  a daemon
as root in which case it uses the /etc/fetchmailrc configuration file.
The easiest way to configure this is just to install the fetchmail-daemon RPM,
then you can start the daemon with
service fetchmail start

Here is what my /etc/fetchmailrc looks like (with passwords removed)

set postmaster "derek"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""

poll pop.ntlworld.com with proto POP3
       user 'my_username' there with password 'my_password' is 'derek' here
options fetchall

poll email.cwcom.net with proto POP3
       user 'another_user' there with password 'another_password' is 'derek'
here options fetchall

poll pop.ntlworld.com with proto POP3
       user 'another_user' there with password 'password' is 'rosie' here
options fetchall

How does yours look?, and is fetchmail running as a user or root? and are you
sure the configuration file webmin is testing is the same one the daemon
uses?

derek