By default Postfix will only relay mail for users on the local network (to avoid spammers taking over your mail server). So without having to do *anything* you are pretty secure.
(By relay, I mean accept a mail and forward it on to another mail server)

Well, the reason I set this up was so that I could use my server from _anywhere_.

It is also possible to configure Postfix to allow connections only from named hosts.

This won't work, 'cause I don't know where I'm going to be at.

But if you want the most secure method of allowing selective users to access your mail server from outside your local net. the safest way IMO is to only allow SMTP over SASL.

This is the best way. I really only want known users accessing my smtp server.

There is a good tutorial on sasl at http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/postfix-sasl.php

and a good ssh tutorial
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/openssh.php

Which one is better? I really don't need anything too complicated - I only have 4-5 users.

derek

/*Jordan R. Thompson*/
Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web:http://www.Jordan.ThompCo.com
Tel:(321) 777-8377
Fax:(509) 267-5577