When installing v.9.0 I considered sharing the existing /home directory,
which I was told is possible.  However, I then realised that I would be
likely to cause version conflicts in the various dot file/directories unless
I registered as a different user.  Then I considered what I would have to do
about the existing other users - problems.

The other users never log on directly, but need access from their windows
machines over samba, partly for filesharing and partly for backup of their
work.

Possible solution - clean install with new /home, mount old home as /oldhome,
copy their data only onto the new setup.

a)  Will I be able to mount the old home in this way, or will 9.0 insist that
I already have a /home?  They will not be on the same hdd, if that makes any
difference (don't see why it would).

b)  Any other comments?  Anything I need to think more about?

Anne