On Saturday 16 Nov 2002 7:07 pm, you wrote:
> I believe I am having problems defining my host. I am networked to my
> husbands computer and we get our internet services from shaw.ca. when I am
> asked to define the host it wants me to be very specific. The book says to
> use data provided by your ISP. Well and good but shaw cable says that as I
> am networked, despite the fact we pay for two computers, it is my problem
> and I must deal with it myself. Their solution is for me to connect to the
> cable directly, which would create different settings, and I think that
> would be useless. So - question - when I am defining host, what is the
> right way to go?

Can you give a bit more detail, Alexa?  I gather your husband has the
connection and that you want to share it.  How is he connected?  When you say
you are asked to define the host, what is it that is asking?

If you can give a detailed description of the problem I'm sure someone will
be able to help you.

Anne