On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 07:25, wrnash wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to learn to program in c++.  I bought a book and I install
> the software on a windows machine and was able to run my first program.
> Now I would like to run this on a linux mandrake 9.0 machine.  I do not
> know how to do this.  This is the program I use from the book.
>

> #include<iostream>
>

> int main()
>
> {
>
>             std::cout<<"Hello, new world!\n";
>
> }
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup.
>

> I type the following and I get a error
>
> Gcc hello.cpp
>
> Is there a program I can use like visual c++ 6.0 under linux.
>
> Thanks Bill Nash

Seems as though there's some syntax missing from this - as well as
proper include statements...

Have you tried this under KDeveloper yet?

--
Sun Nov 17 07:45:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

I'd love to help you -- it's just that the Boss won't let me near the
computer.