rpmdrake, as well as any program that requires root privileges (drakconf,..),
when invoked from the menu in Gnome opens a little window for the root passwd.
It takes the passwd, thinks about it, and then asks for it again, and again,...
They work fine when invoked from a root shell, so I think the problem lies with
the actual window that requires the passwd.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? If it's just me, that's my
bad luck. But if it's actually a bug, there's no way to report it! The page for
reporting bugs is not available, it seems, on Linux-Mandrake.com. And if you try
to use drakbug, as I did, at the end of the process they'll tell you they don't
accept this method unless initiated automatically by a crashed application. Of
course here, nothing crashes, it just doesn't work, so there's no way to tell
Mandrake the problem. Very frustrating.

Thanks for any help you can give. Keep drakin'