I have no idea where to even start looking for my problem on his one.
Cdr/rw worked like a dream, and is currently burning a cd as i write
this. But it will not read a cd in konqueror.When I try to install a
package from my mandrake 9 cd it spins up,then opens and asks for cd1
again when it is already in the drive. This is a brand new lite-on 40x
cdr/rw.

when I type mount i get:
none on /mnt/cdrom type supermount
(ro,dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0)
I know other people have had supermount problems but it always worked
for me. I can't think of anything I might have changed that would cause
my problem. Suggestions? should I remove - none on - from my fstab?