On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 1:41 am, Terry Smith wrote:
> Excellent Anne! Good job. Why don't you post your new lilo.conf file and
> we'll see if folks can deduce what's wrong with the 8.2 stanza.

boot=/dev/hde
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
default=Mandrake_8.2
keytable=/boot/uk.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
disk=/dev/hde bios=0x80
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Mandrake_9.0-2.
        root=/dev/hdf1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="nobiospnp devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdk
        label=failsafe
        root=/dev/hdf1
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.19-16mdk.img
        append="failsafe devfs=nomount hdc=ide-scsi"
        read-only
other=/dev/hde1
        label=windows
        table=/dev/hde
        map-drive=0x80
           to=0x81
        map-drive=0x81
           to=0x80
other=/dev/fd0
        label=floppy
        unsafe
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Mandrake_8.2
        root=/dev/hde6
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="nobiospmp devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
        vga=normal
        read-only

I have learned a lot, but over the next day or so, I'll be asking questions
about the bits that are still unclear.  Thanks for your help.

Anne