I use mdk9 and KDE3 and the package manager from mdk9 control center.

the problem is that when I choose refresh sources, the window that had jumped
up then just dissappears, so that I can't press update&save.

how do I solve the problem?

before It worked fine, but now not anymore.

rpm files automatically are being put into /update/rpm and that's the
directory that is added as local source.

until a while ago, only the local source had that problem, but now the ftp
source has the same problem.

now I have to manually install the local rpm...