Although the various elements of KOffice do seem quite good, I am seriously
concerned that there is little or no ability to communicate with other
programs.  About a week ago John raised the question of a KOffice
spreadsheet, which he neede to try in another format because it was getting
to big for KOffice.  It seems to me a serious flaw that any office package
does not attempt to read/write other major formats.  I may resent having to
use MSOffice formats, but at least they can be used for moving data between
applications, as did the ability that most windows spreadsheet programs had
of saving an early Lotus 1-2-3 format.

It is not, I think, adequate to simply say that you can save a csv file.
Useful they may be when you're in a corner, but reformatting everything and
so on is a huge job.

There is much that is good in KOffice, but if they insist on a M$-like
proprietary format to the exclusion of all else they will damage their
product.

My 2p-worth, anyway.

Anne