Title: RE: [newbie] flash

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Alexa Pongracz
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] flash

Hi I went to Macromedia, the instructions said to save the installer to
my desktop, which I did, then it says, unpackage the file...the reading
I'm doing says that there could be some sort of unzip utility to run
file ends in tar.gz  macromedias instructions are clear if I knwe what I
was doing I guess

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 15:19, Brian Parish wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 11:08, Alexa Pongracz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's me with the functioning, on line system. I am curious as to if
> > there is a plug in for flash that I could download?
> >
> > Does flash work on linux?
> >
> > Alexa
>
> Right here:
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P5_Language=English
>

> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Alexa, the file is in a tar zip format. you can upackage it by going into a console and navigating to the folder that the installer is in. Do a change directory command like: cd Documents . Then at the prompt type  "tar -xvzf filename.tar.gz" and hit enter. The file will unzip and place its pacakages. Then you should install as per the instructions in the readme file or on the web page. HTH