Bill Winegarden wrote:
Hi,
Quick question...LM 9.0 and OO were a fresh install. I received an email with a .doc extension but OO won't open it under any MS (or other) extension label. I get pages of codes but at the top is the statement....'This file must be converted using Binhex 4.0'
Any thoughts? There is nothing on this in the OO mailing list archive.
Looks like the attachment is broken. Could be the original file, could be your mail client (Netscape sometimes used to glob the attachment and the message, which made binary files unreadable - I remember spending ages with a hex editor trying to undo this). Try opening a Word doc in OO. If it opens OK, send it to yourself as an attachment, then try opening it again. If it doesn't open now, the problem is your mail client. If it opens OK, the problem is at the other end.

Sir Robin

--
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University