----- Original Message -----
From: Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:50:43 +1100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Connecting Modem -Conexant HCF PCI

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Greetings All,
>
>I am a complete newbie to Linux having just had Mandrake 8 >installed, and still learning the most fundamental details.
>
>When installing the program the person helping could not find a >Linux driver compatible with my Conexant HCF PCI modem. Is >there one which I can down load and install that any one knows of >please?
>
>Simple response would be appreciated where technical procedures >are needed would help me at this stage.
>
>Thanks in anticipation. >
>Dell Purdie >Rotorua, New Zealand.

>Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Try the links off these pages:-

http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/

http://linmodems.org/

These should help you set up your modem it. I have the same one at it works. Just make sure you read the instructions and all should work fine.

Cheers

Mark

Greetings to you Dell,

I am a newbie using the driver from http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/ and have had pretty good results with it too, on Mandrake 8.2 and now with 9.0.

All the best to you. Welcome to Linux, and the list!
(BTW, this list is great when you need help. Lots of helpful patient folks who will share their expertise).

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James Thurber