----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 10:44:42 +1100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Connecting Modem -Conexant HCF PCI

> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 03:10, Franki wrote:
> > hsf and hcf drivers are here:
> >
> > http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/
> >
> > very good stuff...
> >
> > rgds
> >
> > Franki
> >

> Just a side note on the HST/HCF modems:
>
> Sometimes the compiling of modem drivers will require that you have the
> kernel source installed. Should you be the type of person that likes to
> constantly muck around with compiling programs and drivers, you might
> want to make sure that you DO have the kernel source and kernel headers
> installed - besides, if you get daring and want to recompile your
> kernel, you'll already have the source code on-hand.
>
> Cheers!

Good point Stephen. I use the HCF driver, and I find I get the best performance when I
compile the driver from source. It just works better when it's compiled on your own
machine. IMHO that is.

All the best.

--Angus

"This is the Earth School......always in session. Now is the right time to learn, and
teach."--A.A.