Em Dom 24 Nov 2002 18:51, Marcia escreveu:
>  My problem now is finding the correct driver. I am supposed to find
> ltmodem-kv_2.4.19_16mdk-8.22a5-1.i586.rpm. I did a search for this and
> cannot find this driver. Does anyone know where I can get this driver? I
> have LM9.
> Thanks for the help.
> Marcia

Hi Marcia, Anne and ALL!

I have a dsl connection and I got my fax do work (sending only for now!)
I have to use the rp-pppoe protocol so, I use the ppp0 interface and there is
NO conflic between my connection and the faxmodem (US Robotics).

The only problem I have to deal with now is on receiving faxes!

There is no need to put "ifconfig" down to set up your modem! Unless it is
explicitly stated on your specific modem driver!

Try to set up your modem and then try to config kppp, it will give necessary
info and then you HAVE to read the man pages for fax and efax!

Then it will as simple as typing: fax send 222-2222 doc.ps

Note that the extension is *.ps, the man fax will give you more ideas!

If I can of any help, just drop me a fax! ;-)
Or an plain email if you prefer!

()s Ricardo

Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user
http://counter.li.org/ & Get Counted!