When I try to go to a sub-directory under /mnt, whether by command
line, or Konqueror, it takes a long time to have the directories under
/mnt appear. As an example: I try to go to /mnt/cdrom in Konqueror. I
click on the /mnt directory and then I wait, for sometimes a couple of
minutes. During this time I notice the activity lights on both of my
CDROM drives cycling on & off before the sub-directories appear. I also
have found that if I put a CD in both drives then there is no delay, I
can click on /mnt and the sub-directories come right up. What's going
on?
Thanks for your assistance.

TC