On Tuesday 26 Nov 2002 7:03 pm, Franki wrote:
> configure /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> pay attention to the following:
>
> $mydomain
> $mydestination
> $myhostname
>
> go to dyndns and get yourself a domain name you can use.. its free, or
> donation based.

Please excuse my ignorance, but is it nessaccery to have a domain name?

> make sure /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and hosts match those in /etc
> so your mail server can resolve address's.

They do match. All of the files in each.

> reload postfix: service postfix reload
>
> see how that goes.

Thanks for the help. The thing is, when I had sendmail installed ages ago,
that worked fine. But, sendmail is not working either and the configuration
files look very scary :-/

Cheers,
Jord

--