On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 01:42, Ronnie Boyd wrote:
> Thanks to all who offered me advice on LinNeighborhood, very much
> appreciated. After installing the suggested Development tools,
> LinNeighborhood installed ok. I can load it, scan the lan, and it lists the
> windows pc's it finds.
> However, although it finds the pc's, it lists only the names and NOT the
> shares. For example, LinNeighborhood lists the name of our Windows 2000
> Server, but will not list any of the various shares on this server.
>
> What have I missed out?
>
> Ronnie

Is it safe to assume that you're DOUBLE CLICKING on each of the machines
listed in the listbox? Because under normal circumstances, if you
double-click on the machine name, the tree expands underneath and you
can then see all of the assorted shares available...

BTW, you can also use "xfsamba" which should be installed on your system
- it's the samba client for XFce...

--
Sat Nov 30 08:00:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

The Phone Booth Rule:
        A lone dime always gets the number nearly right.