On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 05:07, Nick Athanasiou wrote:
> 1.Problem with AVM ISDN Fritz USB MODEM. How can i
> compile my kernel for linux and make modem work.

If you're going to compile a new kernel, you're going to have to make
sure you have all the kernel sources and headers - they will be located
in /usr/src/linux-2.4.xx-xmdk - to compile, you put yourself in that
directory with a term and start:
        * make xconfig
        * make dep
        * make modules
        * make modules_install
        * make install
        * lilo
NOTE: You're going to want to double check all the kernel options for
USB and the likes - but you might want to find out if your modem is
supported or if there are 3d party drivers for it.

> 2. Problem with DVD-Rom and CD-R (SCSI)
> In DVD-Rom when I insert a CD with mp3's I take this
> error: Could not mount device
>       The reported error was: /dev/hdb: Input/Output error
>       mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and
> none was determined
> Also, with the linux installation CD in DVD-Rom I take
> this error: The file or directory /mnt/cdrom does not
> exist
>
> In CD-R (SCSI) when I insert a CD with mp3's I take
> this error: The file or directory /mnt/cdrom2 does not
> exist
> And with linux installation CD in CD-R I take this
> error: Could not mount device
>       The reported error was: /dev/scd0: Input/Output error
>       mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and
> none was specified.

Did you try mounting /dev/hdb - you might try /dev/hdb1 - if you have
the burnt disk setup for multisession, that can be a problem for linux
at times.

If you can read other CD's in both, but not this one, then that will
tell you there's a problem with the burnt CD.

--
Sun Dec  1 06:25:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

"I thought it was going to be bucket-of-water time myself."
        -- Gaspode's way of saying "I'm sorry, was I intruding?"
           (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)