I decided to try installing 9.0 over my 8.2..did an upgrade instead of a
clean install. the network check did not see my lan conection at all but
had no problems seing it in 8.2. I figured I would wait until I was in
linux to try to configure this. After the install, I rebooted. Lilo came
up with a long list of choices. linux, old-linux, NT old NT etc. I hit
enter on the default (linux) and got a blank screen. The same one I
always get when I try to install 9.0 on it's own. I decided to try old
linux to see what it would do and it booted into 9.0 beautifully. I am
in 9.0 right now and once I get my dvd rom to play movies and my palm
pilot to sync, I will just put linux on my larger HD and use it instead
of XP. As you can see, my lan is working without me having to
reconfigure. I am getting excited about this lol

Walt