On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> I somehow have managed to corrupt the descriptor table on my system.
> When I try to boot into my system all I get at the boot prompt is LIL-
> can anyone here on the list offer a suggestion as to what I need to do in
> order to correct this ?
> LIL-
>     The descriptor table is corrupt. This can either be caused by a
> geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/map without running the map
> installer.
> I am only currently able to use a boot disk to get the system up and
> running and would like to repair this problem, rather then have to
> reinstall the entire system, any help/suggestions would be greatly
> apreciated.

Your bios might have changed disk parameters, ie gone to LBA or auto
and detected the disk in a different manner. Or you changed some or
other file, check your old logs for disk geometry, and make sure linux
is still seeing the disk the same as beffore when booting with your
floppy, if they are the same simply rerun lilo that shoul get rid if
the problem.

                Thank you,

--
Regards Richard