On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> The time consumed and difficulty of just setting up the sound alone should scare
>away any chance of Linux spreading worldwide.  Must
> it be this difficult?  The average Joe doesn't have time to reinvent the wheel when
>all he wants to do is drive off in a new car.
> Sorry, I'm somewhat dishearten about the time wasted.  But then, Microsoft is the
>greater evil... so back to pounding out this
> wheel.

I have not followed this thread, what sort of card is it, by this i
mean make type and chipset.

When you and possably i and others know that we, could possably give
more information, you may have alredy done that but as i said i have
not folowed this thread

If you know what card it is, take a piek in
/usr/src/linux/Documentaion/sound there is a lot of info there.
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO (on redhat systems) will help also.
Other distros have different places for HOWTO files, but mostly
always in /usr/doc/*

Your average Joe  will always have problems with things he has no
knowlage of, its a s simple as that, thats why there are so many
newbie mailing lists for linux, where if i may be so bold as to say
99% of all problems are solved be it in one mail or multiple mails.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]