On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:42:09 -0600
Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, I see what your saying, but don't understand what problem this causes,
> There was not much extra on the header to eat up band width or anything.
> Breach of netiquette?  Please enlighten me on this subject, I'm not sure but
> might have done  the same in the past.

Yes.
It is a breach of netiquette and a bothersome detractor.

I and many other users set their mail clients to sort and view by thread.
The mail agent does this using the mail ID- 001a01c298bd$52038b00$48382d44@racerpup
from the initial post which is tagged to all mails sent as Reply.
Changing the subject will not change or remove this ID.
You just end up in this case with several post about stopping pop-ups included in a
thread about updating the kernel.

    Charles

In seeking the unattainable, simplicity only gets in the way.
                -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]