On Sunday 01 December 2002 06:30 pm, Dave Kubasiak wrote:
> Okay, I'm going to show my extreme newbie-ness.  :)  I'm attempting to
> install the newest version of GnomeICU (0.98.126).  I currently run
> version 0.98.3.  When I execute the ./configure script, I get the
> following result:
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
>                   libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
>                   gnet >= 1.1.3
>                   libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.7) not met; consider adjusting the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
> nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> If I'm reading this correctly, I'm either missing a file (or several) or
> I need to add something to a 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH' somewhere.
>
> I have a very shaky grasp on this whole download/configure/make/install
> process and this is the first time I've made the attempt. Can anyone
> give me any pointers on what to look for/check on based on the above
> ./configure result?
>
> Thanx!
>
>     Dave Kubasiak

Dave, it is telling you that the four packages it lists, libglade, libgnomeui,
gnet, and libxml  that you currently have on your system (or do not have as
the case may be) are not compatible with what you are trying to install and
that you need to upgrade to a package that is at least equal to or greater
than the listed packages. In other words you need to upgrade libglade to at
least libglade-2.0.0-xxx.rpm or greater. You can find them at
http://www.rpmfind.net/  and type in a search for each package and download
them as rpms. Then all you have to do is go into the file you downloaded to
and left click on the rpm file and it will begin the install for you. Try it
and see if you have any other questions. The rpm files at rpmfind.net are
best for the Mandrake-Linux OS if they have mdk in their name and show as
"Mandrake" rpm's.  HTH
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842