On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 16:07, optiobj wrote:
> I have jetisoned SuSE Linux in favor of Mandrake 9.0.
> I installed from an FTP site. 9.0 installed without any problems.
> I configured my email client. KMail. Supplied the pop and smtp servers
> for my ISP.
> all looks great. I was a happy camper. UNTIL. I attempted to retreive
> my email.
> I get a pop-up asking for my password (Normal). But, then.
> The email client (Kmail) incorrectly tells me that I have 0 new
> messages on the server.
> I know that this is incorrect because I sent myself several dummy
> messages.
> And, when checking my email from my Win98 box. I can retrieve the
> messages
> that I sent to myself from the 9.0 machine. My ISP is Road Runner. The
> protocol
> used is DHCP.  Here is my machine config:
>
> PIII-500 512MB,NVidia GForce3 TI 200 64MB,ASUS MB,
> IBM 20GB Deskstar HD.
>  3Com EtherLink XL 10Mb Ethernet NIC (3C900B-TPO).
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Kevin J Citron
> Sr. Object  Imagineer
> Optimized Objects
> (915) 565-5777

In quite a number of installations of MDK so far, I've found that
particular path statements need to be put in place for applications to
be "happy campers" as it were. First and foremost would be to edit the
/etc/profile and add:

KDEDIR='/usr'
export KDEDIR

Second modification is in the /etc/ld.so.conf file - adding the
following and then re-running ldconfig afterwards:

/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib

This has become apparent on more than just a few machines I've installed
MDK on so far (17) - but once done, and once rebooted, they generally
act like "happy campers" until the next issue arises...

Cheers!
--
Mon Dec  2 20:05:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Every cloud has a silver lining; you should have sold it, and bought titanium.