On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 12:35, Angus Auld wrote:

> > On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 10:45, Angus Auld wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the pointers Charlie, Stephen.
> > > I am now getting a 30 second delay, for some reason however, lilo has switched
>to a graphical login mode! I want the text mode, and I had it since installing 9.0.
> > >
> > > I have tried changing it back to text mode in MCC, but when I reboot, it goes
>back to graphical mode. :-/
> > >
> > > What's up with that?? I must have messed something up somewhere. I guess my
>system was too much in order. Should have left well enough alone maybe......can't
>learn that way though!
> > >
> > > I installed watchdog-5.2-2mdk, xmms-cdread-0.14a-2mdk, and the latest
>wallpaper-0.1-4tex. Could watchdog have something to do with this behaviour? Anyone
>have any experience w/watchdog? I've been monkeying with file associations lately too.
> > >
> > > Where is the file that contains the info for lilo's boot mode? I don't see any
>mention of that in /etc/lilo.conf.
> > >
> > > My system seems to be working OK.
> > >
> > > TIA for any help. :-)
> > >
> > > --Angus
> > >
> > > "An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows
>absolutely everything about nothing."
> > > --Anon.

The bit with "menu scheme=" needs to be removed, rerun lilo and you'll
have the text based lilo back to text based!

(Whacked) ----------------------------------

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
default=linux
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=300
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw <- delete this line
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Whacked) ----------------------------------

--
Tue Dec  3 12:40:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

By doing just a little every day, you can gradually let the task
completely overwhelm you.