On Tuesday 03 Dec 2002 10:48 am, Dennis & Sue wrote:
> Hello folks,
> My harddrive is finally dying, and due to be replaced this weekend
>  hopefully ).
> At this moment, there are only 2 good partitions left ( both Windows ).
> So anyway, with the new harddrive comes the opportunity to load whatever
> version of Linux I prefer.
> Up until yesterday, It was Mandrake 8.2. I liked this version, As did my
> wife, ( Plenty of card games, eye candy, ease of use for her, etc ). You
> get the point.
> Now, I am wondering about version 9. I am intrigued by KDE 3, and would
> probably like it.
> However, from this list it seems there are some " bugs " that I might not
> enjoy, Actually it seems like quite a few.
> I am wondering if it is worth it when the time comes to load version 9, or
> stick with 8.2, and wait for a new version say, 9.1 or something.
> Does version 9 have the card games like 8.2 ? Especially the gnome
> freecell, and Klondike ( solitaire ) ?
> Thank you for your input.

I liked 8.2 very much..

I like 9.0 even better...I cannot think of a single problem I have had with
it. Not everyones experience is the same, but just because you read of people
having a problem does not mean that everyone is.

(Besides which.. A lot of problems posted on this list are 'self inflicted')

derek

Oh and it has all the games 8.2 had plus a couple of new ones like Frozen
Bubble and Tower Toppler which my kids love.