On Saturday 07 December 2002 08:27 am, you wrote:

> In the above delete the space after -d and delete -p and save. This stops
> the script but you still have to manually shut down the computer. This is
> the best solution found that I know of over the last 2 years. HTH

I have to add my recent experience with 9.0 here. My 9 year olds computer
uses a Gigabyte motherboard, about 2-3 years old that has never shutdown
correctly with Mandrake from v7.0 up. I just installed v9.0 and had the same
problem as usual - so I edited /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt and dropped the -p in
the line near the end of the file. Here, this makes no difference whatsoever,
I get the same error.

In the past this always resulted in a clean halt, with the message "System
halted", even though it did not power down.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                 Dark<  >Lord