Hi,

This is somewhat an illegitimate question, as it deals with hardware and not with linux per se. However, since there are quite a few helpful folks around here, and since my laptop runs Mandrake 9, I dare this breach of etiquette:

I was given an old Quantex N30W-15 (on which Mandrake 9 runs without any problems, by the way - except for the Winmodem which one can easily fix with the RPMs available on the Linmodem.org site). It runs on a BAT30WL Lithium Ion Battery (rated 11.1V-4800mAh).

I used my laptop at home 99% of the time so I do not need to run it on batteries.

How should I best use this battery? Should I keep it plugged in and constanting charging, should I always use it on battery and thereby empty the battery daily, or is there anything else I should do to maximize my battery's life?

Thanks in advance for your advice and sorry for the off-topic question,

Andrei