On Tuesday 10 December 2002 16:53, Andrei Raevsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok.  But does keeping my laptop with the battery inside CONSTANTILY
> connected to the power outlet qualify as "recharging" or not (since the
> battery does not really   discharge the battery to being with, right?).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Usually, yes!
when the voltage goes down it recharges immediately, thus decreasing the life
span. Depending a little on what sort of charger it's using it might even
start to push the voltage up to a higher level creating all sorts of
problems.

Especially older types of batteries are hard to come by. I even once built my
own for a compaq contura using plain Ni-cadmium rechargeables:o)

So take good care if it.

Good Luck,
HarM