On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 01:28, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> Hi,
>       I did a netstat and it does not appear that 6346 is open. Also, I went to MCC
> and checked firewall....it asked me to install smoothwall so I think there is
> no firewall installed.
>       Is there a file where I can open a single port like this?
>
> tia,
> Bill W.
>
> On Sunday 08 December 2002 10:11 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 December 2002 05:45 pm, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> > > hI,
> > >   When I run gtk-gnutella, there is an icon that shows that the prog
> > > thinks I'm firewalled. I run a stock LM9 installation and I did not set
> > > up any firewall when first installed.
> > >   This prog runs on port 6346. Is there a way to check if the port is
> > > open/closed?
> > >
> > > tia,
> > > Bill W.
> >
> > Actually a stock installation may have installed the smoothwall firewall.
> > Have you checked to see if iptables are running or smoothwall.  Look in MCC
> > and security, click on firewall and see what it says?

I couldn't get gtk-gnutella to connect either, even if I disabled the
firewall in MCC.Netstat did show port 6346 to be open. In the advanced
options for MCC, I added "6346/tcp" and that seems to have solved the
problem.

HTH

David
--
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
unfamiliar