On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:59:40 +0200
Ralph Slooten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> > There is a DC plugin for MLDonkey, and I heard whispers on their
> > homepage that a new version of mldonkey will allow you to download
> > seperate chunks of a file from *different networks*! WOOT!
>
> Umm, yes, there is a DC plugin, but it won't help you much. The
> problem here is edonkey, it's a leacher. Most DC hubs immediately
> block any donkey client trying to connect, due to the reason that
> mldonkey cannot share, just leach in DC. I totally agree with them,
> because any client made for this sole purpose is a curse on such a
> network.

Ah, the way I understood it was that with a new version, MLDonkey would
be getting aroung that, sharing amongst all networks. I'll read it
again.

What do you find is the biggest advantage with DC? I only just migrated
from gtk-gnutella to mldonkey...I have a feeling... :-))

--
HaywireMac
If you wait long enough, it will go away... after having done its