At 04:31 PM 12/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
On Monday 09 December 2002 16:19, Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:
> One time I had problems to write windows FAT32 partitions because the
> partition had problems; I had to do an scandisk from windows, errors
> were repaired and again I could be able to write the windows
> partition from linux.
>
> Have you passed and scandisk from windows?
>
> Hope this could help

It's still NTFS, so scandisk wont help a bit :-) But you're right, if an
error persists on a FAT32 part, then scandisk must be run.

But regarding NTFS, it's simply not possible/allowed at all to write.
Only read.

Perfectly possible to write ... there is a module/rpm in existence IIRC that allows this. Ed Tharp or Civilme pointed it out once. Now, do you want to ? That depends... how much do you value your data? It is extremely experimental ATM.

so beware

---
Femme