I have a set of 9.0 CDs that I am shure are good because
I have used them to install 9.0 on 2 other machines. Last
night I went to install mandrake on a friends machine ,
things seemed to be going well  for the first minite or 2 and
then it hung while on hard drive detection part of the
installation.
   I tried to repeat the installation several times useing  the
reccomended and then the expert mode. I even tried to use
Partition Magic to repartiton the hard drive first still no luck.
   This machine allready has windoze 98se installed on a 60
GB western digital hard drive, Athlon 1.7XP processor and
256 MB ram  I was useing a cd drive installed on IDE
channel 2 and operating as a slave.
   Could this be the problem ?
I have never tried to install off a cd that was a slave before
however it seems to me that It should be ok.
  Any one have any Ideas where this installation is going
wrong?

    Thanks in advance
    Marc