Well, that's it.  I have to stop stuffing around trying to get a net
connection that will not work, work.  I just won't hold settings, and
the wizard works only when it wants to.  I will wait until the next
version comes out.

Generally how long is it between releases, say 9.0 to 9.1 for example?

Also, a great big thanks to all who spent time trying to help, but this
is a hopeless case, and I am running out of options and things to do.
Will stick with what works for now (red hat), and try the next realease
when it is out.

thanks
Greg