John Richard Smith wrote:

Malcolm Candlish wrote:

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced a problem with XCDROAST on Mandrake 9.0 because I
cannot get it to recognise my CD Reader either Primary or Secondary.

Under CD Writer Config I have Mitsumi CR-4804TE which is correct. But
under CD Reader both Primary & Secondary are given the same Mitsumi
Writer instead of the correct Teac CD Rom.

Are there any XCDRoast files I can manipulate? Has any one else had this
problem?

With best wishes and seasons greetings to you all.

Malcolm Candlish.

I have a mitsumi writer like yours, and a pioneer dvd but are
worksin fine in xcdroast.

sounds as though the scsi-emulation is out somewhere

try ,

cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.11a32 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.6'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) *
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) 'PIONEER ' 'DVD-ROM DVD-116 ' '1.22' Removable CD-ROM
0,3,0 3) 'MITSUMI ' 'CR-48X9TE ' '1.0C' Removable CD-ROM
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
and see what comes up,

John

i have a thread already open on this exact problem, when i finally get it solved, i'll be posting a full fix on that thread.