Hi, all.

I've installed Mandrake Linux 8.2 onto a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop a couple of months ago, and am finally getting a chance to play on it.

One thing I've noticed: I can't cut and paste between applications. If I cut (or copy) text, say, from Mozilla or KMail, I'll get feedback that I've copied it... but when I try to paste into, say, GEdit or KWord, nothing is inserted (paste is disabled/greyed out).

What gives? Is there some configuration tweak I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

BTW, I am SOOOOO thankful for Linux... my Windows partition took a major dump last night, but I haven't seemed to miss it too much...