On Friday 13 December 2002 01:38 am, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> Is there anybody on this list that has NOT recieved their LM90
> preorders?  Besides me?
>
> I ordered three sets of technical manuals in October and I have not seen
> them yet.  Anybody else going thru this?
>
> --LX

Hey Lyvim! Don't feel bad - I've not gotten mine either. The check has been
cashed for quite some time though. I ordered the DVD with manuals, and the
sad thing is that I don't know if its even gonna do me any good or not. V9.0
has been very problematic here. It installed perfectly on my sons 3 year old
machine. It installed perfectly on my main computer - then absolutely refused
to boot up. Dennis suggested passing the "linux noapic" line to it, and that
seemed to work - I can boot up now - and can't shutdown at all. I've tried
various combinations of "halt", "powerdown", and "shutdown" with -h now etc,
etc,... but nothing works. It starts shutting down, gets to:

sending all processes the term signal <OK>
sending all processes the kill signal    <OK>

and thats it. Nothing more, to paraphrase a certain raven from a classic Edgar
Allen Poe poem... <grin>

and it won't even reboot as well. It stops at the same place.

Needless to say, after having to use a hardware reset or poweroff, its not too
happy when it restarts. :-(

I'm hoping for an answer on this list...

See ya!

--

                                                                /\
                                                       Dark< >Lord