Greetings all, I have a question about file types and associations. I see in CC in the
file associations, when you expand, say the audio section, there is a listing of known
types. What I would like to know is what the seeming duplication of types is about?
There will be a listing for say, midi, then down in the list midi will appear again as
x-midi.

I'm wondering why is there two, and, if I want to edit file type or association, do I
have to edit both, or just the "x" one? Is the "x" for X-windows or is that too
obvious? I'm a bit confused as usual. :-/

TIA for any insight on this. :-)

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber