Brandon Vanderberg wrote:

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 03:25, John Richard Smith wrote:

Brandon Vanderberg wrote:

Hi folks, sorry for the FAQ. But, I've read lots of howto's and tons of
threads on the subject in various boards, and am more confused than when
I started.

The ones that don't do they have long file names with gap's ?

I wish. No, in this case, it was a bunch of jpgs with short names. No
directories. Now you see em, now you don't.

Looks ok to me.except that,mine reads,

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom auto user,iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0

why not try this, and see if it makes any difference

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
I changed it to this shortly after I posted, and am able to copy now. I
was told this disabled supermount. ??? I dunno, but it's been working so
I've been doing the mount/umount thing and copying like crazy. I'll have
to burn a cd and see if that works too.

yes , that is correct , no supermount, not with scsi-emulation, don't work, at least
not for me and many others, maybe you are lucky, but it's not much less to use
auto mount , if on the command line you will have to mount /umount, if
on desktop icon just leftmouseclick icon it automatically mounts, to unmount
rightmouseclick down to either unmount or eject if eject it automatically
unmounts before ejecting media.

What about /etc/lilo.conf
append=" hdc=ide-scsi "
I guess you have it since it would not show up on the bus if it didn't,
but is it exactly right.

It's there. But thanks, didn't know where that was.
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]