On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 19:38, ivette brusselmans wrote:

> typed 'locate vncviewer' in terminal and VNCviewer is definitely installed
> because it gave me the location (home/luc/.../...)
> vncviewer also worked the first time I clicked on the program after
> unzipping it. After I shut down the program I tried it again, typed the
> serveraddress and then the password, and didn't get any remote screen
> pinging is no problem. I can remoteaccess linuxbox from win98box.
> By the way: what does the terminalmessage "Couldn't start Xvnc; trying
> default font path. Please set correct fontPath in the vncserver script"
> mean? Could it have something to do with my problem?

I think part of the problem is that the program doesn't lie within the
normal "path" - i.e., /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin....

--
Tue Dec 17 21:05:00 EST 2002
  9:05pm  up 1 day, 6 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.75, 0.80

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Important letters which contain no errors will develop errors in the mail.
Corresponding errors will show up in the duplicate while the Boss is reading
it.  Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving
from where you left them to where you can't find them.