Thanks Stephen and Jerry,
I put the binaries in usr/bin, and made a VNCviewer link in home/luc and everything runs like a horse on speed!!

From: Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [newbie] VNC
Date: 17 Dec 2002 21:33:29 +1100

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 19:38, Jerry wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:38:15 +0100
> >
> you need to either A:
> cd to the directory where vncviewer is and type
> ./vncviewer
> to start it from there
> or B:
> make a link to it in a directory in your PATH (usu /usr/bin)
> ln -s /home/username/foldervncisin/vncviewer /usr/bin/vncviewer
>
> the reason it's giving you "command not found" is that /home/luc/whatever isn't in you PATH. I used to remember how to add to the PATH but forgot since i usually end up installing everything in /usr/local and just make a link in /usr/bin anymore. I'm sure someone else knows the command to do it.

> Jerry.

you can do:

export /home/luc/whateverdirectoryyouputitin/:$PATH - but in reality,
munging junk like that into a "stable" system ain't always good.

Jerry's got the right idea by making sure you install programs into the
proper binary directories - as I stated before...

(BTW, it's not always good to have a link in /usr/bin if you've already
got the binary in /usr/local/bin - unless the link in /usr/bin is
pointing to a program NOT in /usr/local/bin - rather like
/usr/local/myprogram/bin - like that...)

--
Tue Dec 17 21:30:00 EST 2002
9:30pm up 1 day, 31 min, 4 users, load average: 1.51, 0.94, 0.78

.o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
| __ __ | kühn media australia
| / \ /| |'-. | http://kma.0catch.com
| .\__/ || | | |
| _ / `._ \|_|_.-' | stephen kühn
| | / \__.`=._) (_ | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| |/ ._/ |"""""""""| | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| |'. `\ | | | icq: 5483808
| smk ) /_/| |.-------.| | mobile: 0410-728-389
| ' `-`' " " | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink
that they may live.
-- Socrates

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/